Monday, August 4, 2008

Emma Grace is Christened

Yesterday we celebrated the christening of Emma Grace. With my family in town we took advantage of my fathers many talents and had him perform the ceremony. This was especially meaningful to me because my father baptised me as well. We welcomed Emma into the family of God and dedicated ourselves to teaching her to love Jesus with just a few close friends and family members. Her dress was given to us by her godfather, Steve Henz, who we missed having present. It was hand made for her while he was stationed overseas. My parents leave this evening so we have to get back to real life tomorrow. It's always sad to see our family go and this is the beginning of a long stretch of not seeing anyone. They will be deeply missed, especially by their grandson. Aiden LOVES having his Nana and Granddaddy here!

Emma didn't enjoy the ceremony all that much...

Aiden sure looked handsome!



No comments: