Saturday, February 4, 2012

Smiling Eyes

I don't know what I'm going to do today. It's too cold to do anything outside. I'll probably go run at the gym. I have some laundry going. But what about the other 22 hours of the day? I don't know, but I do know how I started my day.

Joy woke me up (yes, Dear, I was still sleeping at 0930---there have to be some benefits to TDY travel, right?).  We went to "Facetime" on our I-phones and Madaline, my youngest, greeted me with the  biggest smile I could have imagined and proceeded to serenade me for 3-4 minutes with a thunderous, boisterous performance of "Da-Da!!! Da-da!! DA-DA!!!!"  Smiling from ear to hear the whole time. I was, too.

So I don't know what I'll do today. But I know it will be filled with the extra joy and love that little girl put in my heart this morning.

Thanks, Maddie pie. Daddy loves you, too.

Madaline this past winter at Fernandina Beach playground

No comments: